Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Playing Church


Recently, I have caught my kids playing church together. It is so cute. Yesterday Sloane asked if I would like to play church with her. I readily agreed. Sloane wanted to be the primary teacher, so she stood in front of her chalk board easel and started with a prayer. Then she told me, "In church my teacher tells a story. Sometimes there are pictures, but she doesn't let us see when there aren't picture and only just words. I'll tell a story, but I don't have a picture. Okay?" Then she told me this story.

"Sometimes when there is a little boy who doesn't want to share his crayons with his sister, and that is not nice, and so he is suppose to share with his sister, and so he gives her the crayon, but just the color he doesn't like, and then he shares (is sharing). Then he takes it away, and that makes her sad, and she cries, and then he gives her a crayon, but the color he doesn't like and that makes her happy. Ya know. "

I told her that that was a great lesson on sharing, and that she is an awesome teacher. We had another prayer then lined up to go into the other room for singing time. Where we sang a few songs. It was great.


What I learned: sharing according to Sloane is, if you have to share just share the things you don't like.

No comments: