Friday, July 18, 2008

Body Image

If you have kids you know how honest they can be. My kids are very willing to tell me that I have a big bum, stomach, feet, and once Sloane measured my legs and told me they were size, "999 big momma legs." So, hopefully you will feel better about your body image after you read the following story.

Last week Ivy saw me getting into the shower and this is exactly how our conversation went.
"Mom, you have long booboos. (That is her word for breasts.)
"Yes, I Know."
"You have long, long booboos.
"Yes. Thank you for that."
"Looong, looong, looong booboos."
"O.K. Ivy, I think I've got it."

So if you are feeling bad about what happened to you body after kids, just know your not alone.

1 comment:

Lee & Kindra said...

Well, if it helps, I haven't even had kids and I'm having the same problems! I think you look great, especially after having four kids.