Sunday, July 6, 2008

Fairy Followers



The last 2 years we have gone to Lavender Days @ the Young Living Farm in Mona. The kids have a fun time because there are pony rides, a barrel swing, face painting, carriage rides, a giant slide, paddle boats, and a whole bunch of other things to do. But the highlight for my girls are the many fairies at the farm and the chance to have a tea party with them. They play games with the kids and talk to them and carry pixie dust around in a pouch to hand out to the kids so they can make a wish. My kids had to stop and talk to every fairy we passed. We were covered in glitter by the time we left. This year I brought along a neighbor (Liz) to help me with my kids. We had a great time and as we were getting ready to go I asked Liz to stand with the kids while I went to the bathroom. When I came back Liz was frantically searching for 2 of my girls who had disappeared. She told me they were just right here playing on the grass and then they were gone. I told here that I had experienced 1st hand how quickly they can disappear and not to worry that we would find them. We didn't and first and I got really scared, and was about to track down security when we spotted them. They had followed a passing fairy and were happily engaged in a game of Duck, Duck, Goose, completely oblivious to the panic they had caused in me and poor Liz. Sometimes those kid leashes don't seem so bad after all.

1 comment:

Flabbergasted said...

That looks like a really fun place. I enjoyed looking at your pictures.