Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Rollie-Pollie Savior






We have tons of rollie-pollie bugs around our house. Every time we see one the girls scream with excitement and make me come look at them before they put them in the grass, which I have to say is more like torture than mercy. This happens several times a day and yet they continue to be amazed by them. Occasionally, they wander into the house and we have to take them outside so they don't die. A few days ago they spotted one of these stray rollie-pollies in the bathroom, and quickly beckoned me to come look. I immediately noticed that it was already dead, and I told them so, but my kids were not deterred. They gently picked it up and took it outside and put it in the grass. I am happy to report that they successfully saved the dead rollie-pollie.

1 comment:

Lana said...

Amanda, I have been laughing the whole time I have been catching up on your blog. The boo-boos on Mommy was hilarious!! The lagoon sky ride story, playing church and sharing the things you don't like, and saving the dead Rollie-Pollie. Not to mention those adorable pictures of the kids. I had so much fun reading all of that. Your kids are SO cute!!
Thanks for sharing. I love the way you write. Miss you!